"I realise that some of my criticisms may be mistaken; but to refuse to criticize judgements for fear of being mistaken is to abandon criticism altogether... If any of my criticisms are found to be correct, the cause is served; and if any are found to be incorrect the very process of finding out my mistakes must lead to the discovery of the right reasons, or better reasons than I have been able to give, and the cause is served just as well."

-Mr. HM Seervai, Preface to the 1st ed., Constitutional Law of India.

Monday, February 2, 2009

News

Constitutional experts criticise CEC’s decision. See here for the position of the Government
Cash-at-judge’s door: Justice Yadav says probe biased - It is interesting to note the following repsonse of the judge “Unless a probe is ordered into all the allegations against all the judges concerned, I refuse to submit to such informal procedure”. Once again a reminder of judicial accountablity and non negotiable need for law to deal inquiries against judges.
The federal solution -Meghnad Desai on Sri Lanka
Cinema can be injurious to your health -Madhav Khosla on the recent SC decision about the ban on smoking in films

No comments: