"I realise that some of my criticisms may be mistaken; but to refuse to criticize judgements for fear of being mistaken is to abandon criticism altogether... If any of my criticisms are found to be correct, the cause is served; and if any are found to be incorrect the very process of finding out my mistakes must lead to the discovery of the right reasons, or better reasons than I have been able to give, and the cause is served just as well."

-Mr. HM Seervai, Preface to the 1st ed., Constitutional Law of India.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

End of Law and Economics?

http://balkin.blogspot.com/2008/12/are-we-witnessing-receding-tide-of-law.html

[Law and Economics has been one of the most difficult areas for me when I was doing my masters at NUJS, Kolkata. I had not even heard of Law and Economics when I was doing my LLB at SDM Law College, Mangalore. My Jurisprudence course in Mangalore was obsolete. It stopped with HLA Hart- it did not go further. The same course is taught every year in that college. This is a very sorry state of affairs. I think something should be done about this. In my previous post I had provided a link of Delhi University LLB programme's course contents. Something similar ought to be done by all the prominent law schools so that students from other law colleges can also have an opportunity to learn Law properly.]

No comments: