"I realise that some of my criticisms may be mistaken; but to refuse to criticize judgements for fear of being mistaken is to abandon criticism altogether... If any of my criticisms are found to be correct, the cause is served; and if any are found to be incorrect the very process of finding out my mistakes must lead to the discovery of the right reasons, or better reasons than I have been able to give, and the cause is served just as well."

-Mr. HM Seervai, Preface to the 1st ed., Constitutional Law of India.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Review of Basic Structure - A foiled attempt

T R Andhyarujina has written an article in (2009) 9 SCC (J) 34 ,brining into the light the probable causes of the foiled attempt to review the Basic Structure doctrine. Find here a piece written by Justice Krishna Iyer on the same issue in 2005 as a response to a demand to reveal the green room setting of the review. Andhyarujina's article is a reiteraton of Justice Iyer's narrative.

No comments: