"I realise that some of my criticisms may be mistaken; but to refuse to criticize judgements for fear of being mistaken is to abandon criticism altogether... If any of my criticisms are found to be correct, the cause is served; and if any are found to be incorrect the very process of finding out my mistakes must lead to the discovery of the right reasons, or better reasons than I have been able to give, and the cause is served just as well."

-Mr. HM Seervai, Preface to the 1st ed., Constitutional Law of India.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

US SC on bias

Supreme Court of the United States has recently (Decided June 8, 2009) given a judgment on bias. The judgement can be found here. The issue involved in this case was whether a judge should have recused himself from deciding a case in which one of the parties had made substantial contribution to the election campaign of the judge. The US Supreme Court has held that the judge should have done so.

No comments: