"I realise that some of my criticisms may be mistaken; but to refuse to criticize judgements for fear of being mistaken is to abandon criticism altogether... If any of my criticisms are found to be correct, the cause is served; and if any are found to be incorrect the very process of finding out my mistakes must lead to the discovery of the right reasons, or better reasons than I have been able to give, and the cause is served just as well."

-Mr. HM Seervai, Preface to the 1st ed., Constitutional Law of India.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Consultation Paper on Amendments to the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996

The Consultation Paper on the proposed amendments to the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 has can be downloaded from this link.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Badri,

My name is Bhushan Shah and I am currently working at Drew & Napier (Advocates & Solicitors), Singapore.

I refer to the post on arbitration consultation paper. I have prepared a note which broadly examines the proposed amendments. Please let me know if I can email it to you. Request you to review it and let me know if it is useful to be posted on your blog.

I am also open to modifying the note if necessary. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Bhushan

Badrinath Srinivasan said...

Mr. Shah,
You are welcome to do so. What we'll do is this: You send your note to me along with a brief note about yourself. We will review it and post it as a guest post. My id is badrigod@gmail.com

Thank you for offering to do a guest post.

Badri

RM said...

Dear Bhushan Shah,

I am a law student in India and is keen to know about the consultation paper on the new proposed amendments. Can you mail me the note prepared by you if possible. my email is royzhere@gmail.com